Thursday, April 28, 2016

Urban solitude

This spring I travelled to New York City, a city of millions of people, and myself isolated. 21 students also took the trip but I felt alone bound by my own fascinations of New York, so I decided to show the viewer my own personal journey through New York, one that is winding, self aware, and on the roads most travelled. The pieces simplist nature is meant to act as the backing for the information, the handy craft is weak, and the colors are soft and plaitable, the viewer can easily chew on the adventure of the lone adventurer. Places of significance are marked with X's, while dashed lines mark movement, the travels that were arduous to the artists are clumped together on a map, showing I the grand scheme a lack of movement.





No comments:

Post a Comment