Thursday, April 28, 2016

3.68 inspiration

$3.68 was inspired and mostly funded by my addiction of coffee, many artist dwell on the thoughts of repetition and ritual. Every morning i get dressed head down to the studio and then proceed to find my way down to my favorite coffee shop pay 3.68 for my cup of coffee then leave, consuming my coffee way too fast.

        Inspiration for this piece came from artists who combine fabricated and found items as well as ritual into their own works.

         Tara Donovan, possibly one of my favorite artist in the field of ritualized repetition, her use of found objects piled upon each other create otherworldly objects, taking these found things out of context.

Examples of Tara Donovan's works



   
        Another influence on my work was Tom Sachs in how he combined found objects into fabricated objects, though where we differ is in the functionality of our objects, i take away the function while tom adds it to its skill set.

Examples of Tom Sachs works



No comments:

Post a Comment